At a presentation by a friend of mine, Paul Foley from Kynesis, on public sector collaboration was very interesting. He captured some of the key issues very well and got me thinking of a question…
What enables a culture of inquiry?
And I began to reflect on some things that might enable this such as outlined in the mind map above and on Flikr. The main branches are:
- Dialogue, balance of advocacy and inquiry, awareness of mental models & their impact
- Enabling double loop (tather than single loop) learning
- Courage to initiate, risk and act – clear link to leadership
- Coaching (as an ethos or way of interacting rather than a skill set)
- Able to identify adaptive problems & engage others in adaptive change
- Understanding how to ‘manage’ dilemmas
Each of these bullet points could be an article in themselves, and i’m sure there are more enablers.
What do you think?